1 The Muppet Mindset: The Great Muppet Survey - Kyle Mahoney

Feb 11, 2013

The Great Muppet Survey - Kyle Mahoney

1.   Who are your three favorite characters from The Muppet Show, Muppets Tonight, The Jim Henson Hour, the Muppet movies, etc. and why?
Gonzo the Great - He's wacky, and unique, how he acts can change very quickly between productions. Robin the Frog - He's so sweet and gentle but he can be so snappy at times.
Johnny Fiama - I love how confused he can be and Bill Barretta just created such an amazing character from him.

2.   Who are your three favorite characters from Sesame Street and why?
Big Bird - He's the original boy from the street, he's sweet but unaware of so many things.
Ernie - He is a lot like Robin the frog in a way, very sweet but can be so snarky at times.
Grover - He just seems so busy and exasperated, Frank Oz is a comic genius when he slips on Grover, especially in Christmas Eve on Sesame Street.

3.   Who are your three favorite characters from Fraggle Rock and why?
Boober Fraggle - Just for the contrast between him and the happy go lucky world he lives in.
Sprocket - Having a Muppet character live with the one and only human was such a great idea, he's so silly and Doc sees it as the norm.
Wembley Fraggle - Steve's first major character, his constant need for approval is very relateable to many people who watch.

4.   What is your favorite television program starring any of Jim Henson's creations (e.g. The Muppet Show, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, Dinosaurs, etc.) and why? 
Fraggle Rock, its just the best combination of Henson's other works. It has the music, the character development, and the lessons children need to learn. I also love how all these newer performers got a chance to shine since Henson was working on other projects.

5.   What is your favorite Muppet movie and why? 
The Muppets Take Manhattan - It just has the most heart and spirit of the films, it really has the characters going through a large range of emotions. Frank Oz did such an amazing job directing, giving new emotions and characteristics to Kermit.

6.   What is your favorite Muppet/Sesame/Fraggle song and why? 
Muppet - "Rainbow Connection" because it's "Rainbow Connection," it's just... I can't explain.
Sesame - "Keep Christmas With You," I listen to this all year long, it just is so sweet and personal to me.
Fraggle Rock - "The Rock Goes On" is so fun, and it makes me think back to the episode "The Honk of Honks" and how awstruck Doc was when he first saw Gobo.

7.   If you could have dinner with any living Muppet performer who would you choose and why?
Dave Goelz, he performs some of my favorite characters and just seems like such a genuine person.

8.   If you could tell Jim Henson one thing, what would it be?
"You are my hero, I love you for what you've done. Thank you."

9.   If the President called you and asked to discuss Muppet projects, what would you tell him was the "Greatest Muppet Moment of All Time"?
Its a tie between the moments in The Muppets when they performed "The Muppet Show Theme" or when they performed "Rainbow Connection" at the end.

10.   What's the name of that song?
La-Di-Da-Dee-Dum

11.   If a judge ruled that Grover had to be your personal assistant for a month, what jobs would you have him do?
I would have him be my personal notetaker, I would have him be my cuddle buddy, and lastly my cook.

12.   In your opinion, what is the worst Muppet production ever made? 
The Muppets Wizard of Oz... why is Ashanti there? It could have been so good!

13.   Who is one celebrity you would love to see cameo in the next Muppet movie?
"Weird Al" Yankovc

14.   If you could take a picture with any Muppet, who would you choose and how would you pose?
I would want a picture with Boober Fraggle, he and I would both be in his pose from the end of the "Fraggle Rock Theme."

15.   What is your favorite piece of Muppet merchandise that you own? (Feel free to include a picture!)
My script of The Muppets from October of 2009.






The Muppet Mindset by Ryan Dosier, muppetmindset@gmail.com

5 comments:

  1. Are you SURE that script is from when you claim it is (October of 2009)? I don't think the photo on the front of it is that old. Unless of course you created that cover page yourself...I don't even think that Amy Adams was on board yet at the time, was she?

    I don't want to spoil it for you, and really do hope that I'm wrong, but that struck me as odd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry this is so late. But my friend gave em the script for christmas. She got it off the street in NYC, although its not the actual pieces of paper Segel and Stoller used, it is just a transcript, adn whoever sold it just put the poster of the movie so people would recognize it.

      Delete
  2. Ohhh I would love to be surveyed if you need more fans for this!! Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely!! We've already got quite a few surveys on the back-burner, but we're bound to run out soon! Please do submit your answers. :)

      Delete
  3. I'm working! I'm working!
    Hugs and Giggles~Maria Gayle K.

    ReplyDelete

The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.com
The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.combanner