1 The Muppet Mindset: The Great Muppet Survey - Connor Burke

Apr 23, 2013

The Great Muppet Survey - Connor Burke

 Answers from Connor Burke

1. Who are your three favorite characters from The Muppet Show, Muppets Tonight, The Jim Henson Hour, the Muppet movies, etc. and why?
Top three? Ooh that's a toughy. Well, the Great Gonzo is automatically my favorite because he's so bizzarley out there, but doesn't care who calls him a weirdo or an idiot for doing his stunts, he does them because he loves them. My second favorite is (surprisingly) Walter! Walter is just the Muppetization of every fan that wanted a new movie, and he's so cute and hilarious that it's hard not to love him. Number three is probably Kermit because let's face it. Everybody loves Kermit, he's sweet, funny, and an all-around amazing everyfrog.

2. Who are your three favorite characters from Sesame Street and why?
Again with the threes. Okay, so Grover is my top because I used to be able to do an insanely good impression of him, but also because he was hilarious in everything he does, and he is "cute, too." My second favorite is Cookie Monster because his insanity and cravings make for quality television, and I have a lunchbox with him on it! He's amazing! My third favorite is probably Bert because I always love a good straight man. Whether it is Matthew Broderick in The Producers or Paul Rudd in I Love You, Man, the one guy who puts up with his best friends' shenanigans always holds a place in my heart.

3. Who are your three favorite characters from Fraggle Rock and why?
I feel like a terrible Muppet Fan by saying I don't remember Fraggle Rock much at all! I watched it when I was little, but I honestly don't remember much from the opening sequence, and that I thought Wembley was hilarious and Travelling Matt had an awesome mustache. So I guess those two and Boober. Because his name is still in my brain for some reason.

4.What is your favorite television program starring any of Jim Henson's creations (e.g. The Muppet Show, Sesame Street, Fraggle Rock, Dinosaurs, etc.) and why?
The Muppet Show! The vaudeville style, the classic humor, the crazy backstage antics, I can list for days why I love The Muppet Show.I even directed a scene in my school's Senior Directed Cabaret this year that was based off of Fozzie and Rowlf's performance of "I've Got Rhythm"! Plus, I sometimes fall into a slight depression, and whenever it rears its ugly head, I can always count on absurd Muppet Show sketches (especially the Danny Boy one) to cheer me up!

5.What is your favorite Muppet movie and why?
Wow. You just keep piling on the hard questions. Sheesh, I guess it would have to be The Muppet Movie, because you can't go wrong with it. "I'm Going to Go Back There Someday," classic running gags (being lost will never be the same) and of course, hilarious and heartfelt characters with a ton of fourth wall breakage, it will always be the Greatest Muppet Movie Ever Made.

6.What is your favorite Muppet/Sesame/Fraggle song and why?
"Moving Right Along!" What's better than a classic road trip duet between two best friends who just met?

7.If you could have dinner with any living Muppet performer who would you choose and why?
Back to the difficulties, I see. I'd have to say Dave Goelez, simply because he is one of the originals who is still alive! Plus, he performs Gonzo, my absolute favorite Jim Henson creation!

8.If you could tell Jim Henson one thing, what would it be?
Nothing, because I wouldn't be worthy enough to speak to the man.

9.If the President called you and asked to discuss Muppet projects, what would you tell him was the "Greatest Muppet Moment of All Time"?
The finale of the Muppet Movie. "Life's Like a Movie, Write your own ending," the great exploding rainbow, and just the entire happiness of the number, it's honestly one of the most fun Muppet moments ever.

10.What's the name of that song?
Well, I'm assuming "The Magic Store" since I just spoke of that musical number.

11.If a judge ruled that Grover had to be your personal assistant for a month, what jobs would you have him do?
Follow me around and be all around hilarious.

12.In your opinion, what is the worst Muppet production ever made?
I was going to say It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie, but it is beaten out in sheer awfulness by The Muppets' Wizard of Oz. Too much Pepe, not enough heart or hilarity.

13.Who is one celebrity you would love to see cameo in the next Muppet movie?
It's set in England so MATT SMITH AS THE DOCTOR (DOCTOR WHO). To see him interact with Gonzo is a fantasy I have had many a time.

14.If you could take a picture with any Muppet, who would you choose and how would you pose?
I would want a picture with Kermit, with both of us doing the "YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY" arm flails!

15.What is your favorite piece of Muppet merchandise that you own? (Feel free to include a picture!)
My Cookie Monster Lunch tin! I would add a picture, but I left it in my locker. I bought into my school my sophomore year, and ALL I got were compliments from everyone I saw. It's wonderful!






The Muppet Mindset by Ryan Dosier, muppetmindset@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.com
The Muppet Whatnot Workshop-Only Available at FAO.combanner